07 wr250f SERIOUS Bogging problem please help!!!!

crazycarl7

Oct 14, 2007
I bought a brand new 07 wr250f 5 months ago and it has been in the shop ever since. I have spent a total of 5 minutes riding!! IT BOGS down if I hit the gas in first or second. YAMAHA has done nothing to help and neither has my local dealer. I dont know what to do. What can stop the bike from BOGGING like this? Sometimes if im in Nuetral and rip the gas it will bog to a stall. can someone Pleeaaassee HELP ME. This bike is BRAND new and i havent had the chance to even ride it. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
What jetting changes have you made?

Has the dealer offered to work on the jetting for you?

Is the air filter clean (should be but good to check)?

Is the choke on or not fully disengaging when you turn it off?

Have you made any changes to the bike yet? (gray wire mod, removing the baffle, cutting the throttle stop, etc.)

Ivan

crazycarl7

Oct 14, 2007
They have done a ton of work but not sure what jetting they did.

They removed AIS system
They put on a Boysen accelorator pump
exhaust baffle removed
YZ throttle screw

THEY HAVE DONE EVERYTHING BUT THE GREY WIRE MOD. I AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE JETTING, COULD THAT BE IT? THE BIKE WAS AT A CERTIFIED YAMAHA DEALER, SO I WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE LOOKIED AT THAT. IM SO FRUSTRATED. ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO?

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Call Yamaha USA, and tell them!
Sport Contact Us

Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA
6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

Sales, marketing and distribution of Motorcycles, ATVs, Snowmobiles and Race Kart Engines.

Customer Relations
(800) 962-7926

Rotor

crazycarl7

Oct 14, 2007
call yamaha

I have spoke to them 20 times. They suck. they told me thats just the nature of the beast and pretty much there is nothing else they are going to do. I have contacted my attorney and am going after them since my bike qualifies under the LEMON law. I would rather have the bike fixed, but if that what I must do then I am going to do it. i have never been so unhappy with a company before in my life. any other suggestions for me to do?

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
Sorry to hear of your troubles the 07 was a great bike. It seems hard to believe that the dealer mechs can't figure this out. They should be able to swap in wire harnesses , even a new carb or head.

D

Isobareng

Oct 16, 2007
Found this at the Thumper Talk store

The ThumperTalk AIS Smog Removal Kit is a must have for all 2005+ Yamaha WR owners!

Get rid of that annoying exhaust pop on decelleration that is caused by the stock AIS when the bike has been re-jetted (trust us, you'll be re-jetting).

Removes the mass of plumbing around your carb, giving your bike a much cleaner look.

Makes re-jetting simpler.

Allows for the use of larger aftermarket tanks, as the stock AIS can interfere with their fitment.
Kit comes complete with detailed installation instructions.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
crazycarl7 said:
IT BOGS down if I hit the gas in first or second.
Sometimes if im in Nuetral and rip the gas it will bog to a stall.
Perhaps I'm being overly simple here, and I'm no 4-stroke guru......... but I know you can't just "rip" the throttle open like on a 2-stroke, or much of the time it will cough and die. All my 4-stroke buddies have learned it's a "roll-it-on" machine.

crazycarl7

Oct 14, 2007
07 bogging issues

yeh i know you just can rip it open but its not that simple with my bike. Its actually dangerous when riding. We also used the aids smog removal kit as well. This bike if F$%^& up! I just dropped it off to another shop, which is not under warrenty, to see what they can do. ive got my fingeres crossed!!!!!!!!!1

Rice#67

Dec 17, 2007
If you take it to the right shop they should help you out. When I was working as a service writer my service manager got warranty work paid for when it was out of warranty. You just have to say the right things.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This sounds like way to much fuel. The accelerator pump timing may be excessive. There is a way to reduce the duration of the spray thus reducing the huge fuel dump into the combustion chamber. If the accelerator pump is malfunctioning, your jetting will be impossible to set.
If you remove the carb from the bike, leaving the throttle cable connected, look down the inlet side and stab the throttle WFO and hold it. Count the duration of the accelerator pump spray. Optimum is from 1 to 1.5 secs. Repeat this test and see if it is consistant. The mod to adjust this requires a small drill bit, tap, spring, nut and bolt. I used a 6/32 machine screw and a spring from a ink pen. This mod cleaned up my YZ450 and got rid of the off idle bog. My accelerator pump duration was in excess of 2.5 secs before I did the mod. If yours is not consistant, I would guess that this would be your problem and jetting would be pert-near impossible.

Curt_704

Nov 7, 2001
I had an 01 YZ 250F that bogged when I twisted the throttle quickly. I was able to eliminate most of the bog by installing a 40 leak jet (was 105) and adjusting the fuel screw. I'd recommend getting one of the longer fuel screws that you can adjust by hand as I adjusted mine often. I think the 250F's are more sensitive to temperature and humidity than the 450F's as I haven't touched my 06 YZ450F.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Curt_704 said:
I had an 01 YZ 250F that bogged when I twisted the throttle quickly. I was able to eliminate most of the bog by installing a 40 leak jet (was 105) and adjusting the fuel screw. I'd recommend getting one of the longer fuel screws that you can adjust by hand as I adjusted mine often. I think the 250F's are more sensitive to temperature and humidity than the 450F's as I haven't touched my 06 YZ450F.
Good point. I have a Ziptye "t" handle fuel screw for a 03 450. If it will fit your 07 WR, I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping (probably less than $5. email: swiftsystems @ cimtel.net (remove spaces).

cobrajet

May 27, 2006
Answer to your problem

I own a 2007 WR250F, it's great euduro bike once you do the following. You need to purchase the GYTR (AIS) removal kits, the kit comes with new jets, AIS removal kit and throttle screw. Also remove the (grey wire), go to (youtube) and type in WR250F modifications.

Your WR will perform completely different, more like the YZ250F.

Good luck.

:cool:

Top Bottom