jaysonwein

May 24, 2012
I was out at the track today on my 07 yz450 and i was in 2nd about to shift to third(not even close to the rev limiter) and it just died and bogged down as if i had run out of gas but the tank was full... i kicked it for a while( it has compression )and it never started. I also cleaned the airfilter and changed the spark plug and still nothing.. what can be wrong?

:pissed:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Okay, I gotta take the easy one.
Petcock?

no, it aint funny, I know a spode that cursed 4-strokes for hours cause it wouldn't start... uh, the gas was off.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Spark, fuel and air. Those are the three things that your bike needs to run. Like Okie said, check the simple stuff first. Petcock on? Gas tank vent clear? Got spark? No rags stuffed in air box? :ohmy: (Sorry Thumbs). :rotfl:

Make sure you have spark. If not, check your kill button and all wiring for a loose or corroded connection.

Make sure you have gas. Pull the cap on the bottom of the carb to see if gas is flowing freely through the system. Check your jets to insure they are not clogged with dirt.

You already did the airbox and filter so that should be ok.

jaysonwein

May 24, 2012
Thanks for all the help so far yall, carb has been cleaned now too, so it is getting air and fuel so i know it is the spark. I stuck my finger down in to check for spark when i kicked it and nothing. I checked the wiring the best i could, but i will go look again. Any other ideas on what could be causing this? Im about to just take it to the shop even though i dont really want to :yell:

arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
I overheated the stator once, when I still had that bike (YZ450) and it went out on me. All off sudden just died, same symptoms as you. No spark can mean, killswitch, bad CDI, bad coil or bad stator.

A simple ohm meter and you can DIY it easily.

good luck.

drrm123

Nov 6, 2009
I'm sure glad the stator was gone when you tried checking for spark with your finger! If you want to know what I mean try it after stator is fixed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom