'09 Mods vs Rockers Vintage Motorcycle show

Rich Rohrich said:
You have that backwards Pat. Mods were the weasely little wankers dressed up in suits and buzzing around on scooters.

Rockers are the traditional Ace Cafe style black leather jacket wearing riders on cafe racers.
this is a thread that worth bringing to the top.
taking in account the "from bad pile" thread i decided to dig this one to complement it. :cool: :cool:

now, as i comprehend better the whole "mods vs rockers" thing, i think i get the partial and slightly sarcastic tone on your writing that at the time was not fully clear...

Thanks Helio.

Only 5 months till the 2011 Mods vs Rockers show. :yeehaw:

This year I'm going to make an effort to really treat the show like a photo assignment and try to bring back some seriously high quality images.

When I'm around all those great motorcycles, I get lost in the cool engineering and I sometimes forget how to take good photos. :whoa:

I missed the show in 2013 but it looks like it will be bigger and better than ever this year for the shows 10th anniversary. Just a couple of months away, and I can't wait. I'll be there camera in hand to record the fun.

http://modsvsrockerschicago.com/

A little teaser video:

One of my favorite parts about this event, is most of the bikes are ridden to the event, and at the end of the day they get kicked to life and ridden to the after party. You don't see many trailer queens in this bunch. :cool:

A couple of different post process attempts on one of my favorite shots of the day:

The original :

Rich, I think the photos were taken off, oh well I reckon it was a blast...