PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
Hey Crew,

Haven't been in touch much. I got appointed as the Race referee for the 100's MC and I have been a lot busier than I had planned setting up our race. I really wanted to ride the Ghost Rider but it looks like I will be tying ribbon this weekend.

We have a good course set up Saturday for any one who has never raced the desert before and would like to try it. 30 miles with no killer uphills and our start by class which means no 5th gear bomb runs with 150 other crazies.

If you would like to come out and spectate I could always use a little help. Help strip the course and I'll give you a free T-shirt. Since our race is the last National of the year, the winner will be the #1 plate for 2005. Three riders currently have a chance to win it.

If nothing else, stop by and say hi. I'll give what insight I can on the course since you obviously have the good taste to be in the SCWC. The Texas boys should come out and try a mans race sometime...... or not.

Email me if you want a flyer fastgregg@dc.rr.com

Gregg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
PhastPhart said:
Hey Crew,

If nothing else, stop by and say hi. I'll give what insight I can on the course since you obviously have the good taste to be in the SCWC. The Texas boys should come out and try a mans race sometime...... or not

Gregg

;) Silly Texicans. :laugh: They couldn't handle it. :rotfl:

Thanks for the offer Gregg. Going to Del Mar this weekend.

Have fun. :cool:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
The Eel and I will be racing on Sunday. Probably arrive sometime on Saturday. I'm sure we will stop by to say hello.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Looking forward to it .. it'll be only my 2nd H'n'H, but the Vikings race earlier this year was so much fun, I figured I'd try another.

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
It's at the far east end of Anderson Dry Lake in Lucerne Valley. Take it will be arrowed from the intersection of Old Woman Springs Road & Camp Rock Road

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
2Stroke - come on out ! It looks like Scar Tissue might be coming along also, and Thumbs is a definite ... this is a National, so the course should be great and the excitement level high.

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Two races, Sat. is the 100's with a 36 mile or so cost should be the typical 35-38.00 or so RedStripes (pieplate) one lap all others two if it's like normal. Sunday is the National and loops should be approx. 45 miles again 37.00 or so and Reds run one all others two. Should be fast. I wonder how the lake will be. Most likely a mess so maybe camping on the hill just south.

I'm not racing, still trying to sell the Husky, but I'll be looking at a 2-stroke husky Saturday if all goes well.

Take 15 north to the 18, it's faster than the bear valley cutoff and go to Lucerne Valley, go on past town to camp rock road , turn left and go all the way to right turn to lake bed, look for markers.

Hope to be there, wish I could race it. maybe next race Hilltoppers Oct 30-31.

Good luck to all who race and keep it safe.

Ed

Last edited:

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
Hey Old & Slo,

Saturdays race is a good race to do for fun. It's a 28 mile loop without any really tough stuff. Nice and fast. You do 1 loop if you sign up as a beginner or two loops if your a novice or above. It's a scrambles so you do the same loop twice.

Sundays race is a National so the degree of difficulty is much higher. The loops are about 36 to 38 miles with loop 2 being much tougher than loop 1.

The staging area is actually just east of Anderson Dry Lake. Send me your email address and I'll email you a flyer with entry fees and directions.

We will have a first timers class 9AM Sat by sign ups if you want to ask questions. Or just show up Sunday and watch the truly fast guys go. I'm the referee so I be behind sign ups somewhere.

Gregg

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
Tony
The D37 board is down. You do not need a desert # to race. Only if you want Desert points

Pie plates are for those who live outside D37. There will be lots of National riders

Tech inspection for SA is not very tight. Best if you are complying. Can't guarentee your friend won't get whacked
but we won't be looking for it.

Good luck! I gotta go.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Thanks Mr. Phart. He got an SA so no worries.

Chris - Eel, Scar, myself and two other friends are riding on Sunday. Plan on arriving Sunday about 8am.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
OK, look for me in the AM, Ill prolly be there before 8:00.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Greg come out and just enter 1 loop race if you'd like. This is my first desert race also. Up unitl now I've only done Enduos and a few GP's. But what better way to get our feet wet than enter a National. :cool:

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
It is a ways off of 15, I started using hwy 18 due to the traffic that bear valley has gotten. The area is really nice, one of my favorites, there are some rocks around. :^ )

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
If memory serves it took about a 1/2 hour once I left the 15. + or minus 10 minutes. But I took the Bear valley road and traffic was horrible with a million too close together stoplights. I'm going to try the 18 route Sunday.

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
From 15 to Anderson (approx) via Bear valley = 41.5 miles

From 15 (at Bear Valley) to Anderson via hwy 18 = 48.2 miles

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
You guys should like this race. It tough but a load of fun. Did it a few years back. Just dont give up all your energy on the bomb and take it easy. It's easy to hit something in all the dust and take a dirt digger.
Have a blast and make sure you guys tell us how it went. If you guys end up doing more desert races Im in for the next one.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I got a flat tire 3.5 miles into the second loop. Big fat DNF for me.

Eric finished but I don't know how well he did. He said the second loop was endless rocks and hills.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom