bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Okay all OHV enthusiasts!

The WTA, Sierra Club, ad nauseum are obviously not going to be content with attempting to kill OHV use on public land and stealing your NOVA dollars.

They are now trying to kill OHV use on your private propery and at ORV parks by obtaining discriminatory noise legislation that applies only to ORVs.

Read the first email message below this (and the entire thread if you really want raise your blood pressure) then - please communicate directly with John Eaton dirtbike@hctc.com who is representing OHV use on the committee that was set up by the legislature last year to study ORV noise issues.

WE NEED IDEAS and ACTIVISTS to effectively combat this VERY BIASED "noise demonstration" in Olympia on Nov 9 at 9:10 a.m.!!!

Thanks,

Dave Hiatt

NMA & CLOUT volunteer

----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:31 AM
To: Dave Hiatt
Subject: RE: 11/9/05 meeting

Dave,

Nancy Armstrong and her girl friend are the ones who pushed the 55dB law through Thurston County, they formed CORVN.

They are working with Karl Forsgaard, Sierra Club and also Leslie Seffern, an Anti-ORV, Assistant Attorney General for the state of Washington, who is acting unoffically and in her "private" capacity. Also on board is Andrea Fontanou, Director of the Port of Olympia, and Mason County resident who pushed last years HB1455 on Rep K. Haigh.

They, CORVN, intend to run an unmuffled (straight pipe)
race-built TRX400EX on the Capitol campus at 9:10 AM on Nov 9th to demonstrate how it feels and sounds to live in a neighborhood with an ORV.

The legislation they are proposing targets ORV noise alone, ALL others have exemptions.

We have had very few ORV users show up at these meetings... 9AM November 9th is our last meeting, and our last chance to influence how 2006 bills will be written. I am asking for a CLOUT alert to all interested ORV users to come to Olympia
to the John L O'Brien Bldg.

More later,

John.... Any questions please reply...

I am sending this to John Eaton who sits on the committee.

John - Do you have any information you could enlighten us with to answer these questions?

Thanks,

Dave Hiatt

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 2:07 PM
To: Dave Hiatt; Dahl, Rick; Rod Jones
Subject: Re: 11/9/05 meeting

I couldn't pull up the noise report.... Is someone making the point that ANY noise legislation should apply to ANY noise from any source? I continue to be amazed that the same sound level from an ORV is worse than the same level from a Harley, a truck or a lawn mower!

It sounds like CORVN is just another avenue for the
anti-ORV crowd.

Ron

----- Original Message -----
To: Dave Hiatt ; Dahl,Rick ; Morgenthaler, Ron
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 10:33 AM
Subject: Fw: 11/9/05 meeting

Do any of you know who is behind this CORVN group? Who is this Nancy Armstrong? See the attached web link. The single reference at the bottom to Karl Forsgaard looks awfully suspicious. Is this more of his work?

http://192.211.16.13/z/zita/corvn/solutions.htm

To: Mike Blankenship ; Huff,
<mailto:Huff.Dixie@leg.wa.gov> Dixie ; Benton, Sen. Don <mailto:Benton.Don@leg.wa.gov> ; Blake, Rep. Brian <mailto:Blake.Brian@leg.wa.gov> ; Condotta, Rep. Cary <mailto:Condotta.Cary@leg.wa.gov> ; Delvin, Sen. Jerome <mailto:Delvin.jerome@leg.wa.gov> ; Fitzsimmons, Brenda<mailto:fitzsimmons.brenda@leg.wa.gov> ; Fraser, Sen. Karen <mailto:Fraser.Karen@leg.wa.gov> ; Germeau, Betty
<mailto:Germeau.Betty@leg.wa.gov> ; Glenn, Brenda
<mailto:Glenn.Brenda@leg.wa.gov> ; Haigh, Rep. Kathy
<mailto:Haigh.Kathy@leg.wa.gov> ; Hammond, Kurt
<mailto:Hammond.Kurt@leg.wa.gov> ; Kristiansen, Rep. Dan
<mailto:Kristiansen.Dan@leg.wa.gov> ; Lohr,
<mailto:Lohr.Brian@leg.wa.gov> Brian ; May, Jeri
<mailto:May.Jeri@leg.wa.gov> ; Moores, Kim
<mailto:Moores.Kim@leg.wa.gov> ; Sheldon, Sen. Tim
<mailto:Sheldon_ti@leg.wa.gov> ; Wilcox, Shirley
<mailto:Wilcox.Shirley@leg.wa.gov> ; Ed
<mailto:EBUSHLBUSH@aol.com> Bushnell ; Jeff Reiner
<mailto:JMREINER@aol.com> ; John
<mailto:dirtbike@hctc.com> Eaton ; Rod
<mailto:rjones@jps.net> Jones ; Stuart Drebick
<mailto:ADROITCI@comcast.net> ; Andrea
<mailto:lakehouse@olywa.net> Fontenot ; Leslie effern
<mailto:lrseffern@comcast.net> ; Nancy
<mailto:CORVN@comcast.net> Armstrong ; Sherri
<mailto:yamamama@prodigy.net> & Bowen Steiner ; Steve Gittings <mailto:steve.gittings@intel.com> ; Andrea Grimes - alt <mailto:andrea.grimes@wadnr.gov> ; Bonnie
<mailto:BBWW490@wadnr.gov> Burning ; Commissioner Beerbower <mailto:Commish@co.grays-harbor.wa.us> ;
Commissioner Macleod <mailto:Macleor@co.thurston.wa.us> ;
Eric Johnson <mailto:ericj@washingtonports.org> ; Frank <mailto:advocates@olywa.net> Warnke ; Greg Lovelady - alt <mailto:gregl@iac.wa.gov> ; Jerry
<mailto:jthi461@ecy.wa.gov> Thielen ; Joy (Blankenship
Ass't) <mailto:joy@co.ferry.wa.us> ; Karl
<mailto:kdenison@fs.fed.us> Denison ; Paul Parker
<mailto:pparker@wacounties.org> ; Rene Wiley
<mailto:rene.wiley@parks.wa.gov> ; Scott
<mailto:Scottc@iac.wa.gov> Chapman ; Curt Gavigan
<mailto:Gavigan.Curt@leg.wa.gov> ; Evan Sheffels
<mailto:Sheffels.Evan@leg.wa.gov> ; Gary Wilburn
<mailto:Wilburn.Gary@leg.wa.gov> ; Jason Callahan
<mailto:Callahan.Jason@leg.wa.gov> ; John Charba
<mailto:Charba.John@leg.wa.gov> ; Richard Rodger
<mailto:Rodger.Richard@leg.wa.gov> ; Teresa Berntsen <mailto:Berntsen.Teresa@leg.wa.gov> ; Terwilleger, Karen
<mailto:Terwilleger.Karen@leg.wa.gov>
Sent: Saturday,
October 29, 2005 5:47 PM Subject: Re: 11/9/05 meeting

Mr. Blankenship, All models for noise enfocement are
complaint driven. That means that if there is a situation
that is out of control, we have the teeth to deal with it.
If no one complains in your district, it won't be an
issue, but if there is some lonely person out there having a bad situation, they will have recourse no matter where they live. I have people that I represent form your area that DO have noise problems. Sincerely, Nancy at CORVN

-------------- Original message --------------

Dixie,

I am sorry I will not be able to attend. I have an
pre-operation evaluation on my Knee scheduled for that
day.

How ever would you pass on my concerns regarding future legislation or changes in current legislation. My input would be to encourage flexibilty in local government to set standards for sound levels with in their geographic areas. In the rural eastern counties there may be less problems than in the higher density areas of the state.

It would be terrible to saddle the whole state with one
standard. As a commissioner of a county with a population density of 3.3 people per square mile the tolerance of noise would be greater than the situations described on the west side.

The demonstration provided with factory machines at
stradleline park brings to mind the question about
manufacturers producing machines that don't meet the
current standards. Should there be some form of
requirement to produce machines that are quieter and can meet the current standards. Many of the users that have not modified their machines are concerned they will be required to change their factory produced exhausts systems.

Please keep me informed.

Mike Blankenship

To: Same list as above (edit by bbbom)
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 8:47 AM Subject: 11/9/05 meeting

Off-Road Vehicle Noise Management, Task Force
Wednesday House Hearing Rm A
November 9, 2005 Olympia, WA 98504
9:00 am

Work Session: Discussion of recommendations to the
Legislature.

Dixie Huff