DaveU

Oct 23, 2002
Purchased a set of new tires, and mounted them. after the fact I realized the rear tire was a 110 instead of a 100 for an "02" RM 125. website had the wrong info posted for tire size on the rm 125. Should I return the tire? and get the 100 instead? or will the 110 be alright on the bike? I believe it's a 250 tire... (not lookin forward to a double mount, *sigh*)
thanks for the help! :eek:

kawdude

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2003
No keep it. If the tire clears the frame and such I don't think it will make a huge difference. Generally, the size difference is only .25 per side at the most. Is the tire too heavy? That could make the difference on at 125.

gas gas jack

Nov 7, 2001
i would suggest changing to a 100-19; tire manufacturers designed the 110-19 to fit a rim width of 2.15"- yours' is a 1.85", and that affects the "shape" of the tire significantly; otherwise, you're attempting to "beat" the tire manufactuers at their own game, namely tire engineering, and they really did'nt just "guess their best" when they chose the sizing,...

elf

Jun 7, 2003
I have used big tires on 125s before with no problems. You may find you need to use a little more clutch coming out of corners. As for the rim size thats no big deal. Pro riders use a narrower rim on on rutted tracks, as this makes for a thinner taller tire once mounted. This makes the tire fit into ruts better.

gas gas jack

Nov 7, 2001
you can use ALL kinds of setups, but the tires are really designed with a specific shape, which is definitly affected by rim width- big tires can be used on skinny rims, but the available traction suffers, as does the quickness of turn initiation-kind of defeats the purpose of putting on NEW tires,..those pro riders are actually putting on the "skinny" 125 tire, onto a 2.15 rim, so as to drive off the bottom of the ruts, rather than scrub off power on the sides of the ruts; it also makes the bike turn into the corners "quicker"; hope some of this is of help, jack

Top Bottom