JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I raced at Corner MX Park Saturday, but I never had the chance to run my second moto. I rode up there with a friend, and he had the nerve to break his leg in his second race. Now, I feel for the guy, but I'm thinking I deserve a refund for missing my moto.

Oh, and I had to load up both bikes and all the gear, too. I mean, come on! So you broke your leg. . .that doesn't mean you can't pick up a bike or something.

I'm not going to name any names, but the guy's initials are L E M M I N G. So what do you guys think? Should I send him a certified letter requesting a refund, or just ask him in person?

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Get a lawyer and sue the lazy bastage!! I can't believe he left you holding the bag like that.

What a guy. He reminds me of this college professor I know...

:)

Ivan
Seriously... I heard about the injury and hope he heals quick. His e-mail sounded upbeat so that is a good thing. I'm glad you were there to help him... I mean, he could have called me and I'd have driven over but I doubt he'd have wanted to wait 8 hours for me to get there :p

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
He really seems less than bummed out about the whole deal. Tomorrow he finds out what his options are as far as treatment. The worst part is - he's out for Dirtweek. :( The doc told him there's no way he'll be riding in three weeks.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I think you should be sued for being able to race for a measly $12.50!! sheesh, anything you do around here is at least twice that! $12.50 sometimes barely gets you on the track on an off day for practice!

I say "quityerbitchen" :p

JuliusPleaser

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Oh no. . .don't misunderestimate the true cost of racing.

I had to get up at o-dawn thirty cuz Lemming has this overwhelming urge to beat everyone else to the racetrack. I also stayed up all night reassembling his XR50 for him.

Gate fee is $10, and it's $25 per class to race. I only raced one moto before he so selfishly broke his leg. So, being the charitable bas**rd that I am, I only want $12.50. Normally, I would let the whole deal slide, but he ruined my only moto.

See, after he got hurt I was so distracted by the possiblity of breaking my own leg - I got stuck in the gate when I ran my first moto.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I think you are eligible for double damages since you lost the companionship of the dirt in the 3rd turn that moto.

Lemming hope you recover soon and just ask TonyE DW is just as much fun on crutches as on a bike. Be there and we will see to it you are properly medicated

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
I only raced one moto before he so selfishly broke his leg

Did you race 250D too? If so, you should protest him at the very least for his sandbagging then claim his bike and sell it for the damages you suffered :p

Ivan
PS... I'll give you $12.50 for his bike after the claiming :)

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
You did take his bike home....right?
My policy has always been that if you get hurt riding with me I will take your bike home & ride it mercelessly until you heal.
I have even been know to take photos of a persons bike while on rides & give them to the injured party.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Originally posted by Truespode
Get a lawyer and sue the lazy bastage!! I can't believe he left you holding the bag like that.

What a guy. He reminds me of this college professor I know...
You held your college professor's bag? Ivan, what the...???

JP, I can't believe you didn't make push his bike home.
:silly:

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Originally posted by Farmer John

I have even been know to take photos of a persons bike while on rides & give them to the injured party.

That is what Gomer did when I got sick and he had my bike. Then I wrecked his son's YZ250 and dented my ankle a little bit so he did some .mpegs while I healed :)

Ivan

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Well let the truth be known that I was willing to stay so that JP could finish his motos.&nbsp; However, after I saw the pitiful performance that he put on in&nbsp;his first moto,&nbsp;I decided that it was not worth the pain to stick it out.&nbsp; He will tell you that the gate failed to drop but he was so nervous that he was going to lose the holeshot to the little 13-year-old girl next to&nbsp;him,&nbsp;he jumped early :laugh:

I do have to give him credit, he removed the&nbsp;boot from my damaged leg, loaded the trailer,&nbsp;drove me home, and then proceeded to give me a sponge bath before&nbsp;I headed to the ER&nbsp;:worship:&nbsp;

At the ER, I learned that I had fractured my ankle in 7 places (3 medial, 4 lateral).&nbsp; My ankle and foot still look like a small ham with more colors of purple and red than I've ever seen.&nbsp; I will see the&nbsp;bone cutter&nbsp;on Thursday to discuss my fate but it looks like I'm going to be getting some hardware.&nbsp;

Ok, what JP failed to tell you was that I broke&nbsp;my ankle&nbsp;halfway through my moto and still finished pulling away.&nbsp; That is the first moto that I've lead from holeshot to finish, an accomplishment that I'm proud off even if you do think that I was sandbagging :scream:

Lastly, I will not be traveling to OK for DW.&nbsp; Why you ask, well, I'm one of those people that spend the majority of time riding and socialize only after the sun goes down.&nbsp; It would absolutely drive me crazy to be around so many bikes and not be able to ride.&nbsp; JP on the other hand typically spends 90% of his time socializing and the remainder trying to show off on his&nbsp;fiddy in front of good looking women (ladies you've been warned).&nbsp;&nbsp;

Now, please&nbsp; leave this poor cripple to rehabilitate, catch up on my work, and get mothered by my new GF:yeehaw:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Tough luck but good job on finishing the race Lemming. Not sure who owes who though :think:

Lemming

Looking for single women!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 19, 2000
Blackhawk- the biggest dissapointment is not being able to race my tricked out fiddy.&nbsp; I was truly looking forward to pushing you over a few more berms and into those thorn bushes:p&nbsp;&nbsp; I've got the fiddy looking and running well, having installed the bigbore kit, killer footpegs, heavy duty springs (front and back), and the handlebar mounted back brake.&nbsp; Now JP will tell you that he did most of the work but that is not true.&nbsp; Sitting in a hot garage drinking beer making sure that he is doing everything correctly takes a lot of energy.&nbsp; I was born to be a supervisor&nbsp;:confused:

Ivan the terrible - I would not consider JP's neighbor GF material, well ok, maybe for an hour or two :yeehaw:

Top Bottom