125.......help!

volcom fsmx

Mar 10, 2003
um i am telling you now that i dont know exactly whats wrong but...

i was just riding around not that hard for like 45 minutes and all of a sudden my shift lever is stuck. it will not move up or down.....my clutch works some. and my kick-starter has low compression. it will start up and run, but i will give it full throttle and it will just run like 5 mph..and its in a high gear but like i said u cant shift down because it is stuck. thanks a lot

garrett

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
transmission? What kind of bike is it? Could we have some more info?

Y2Z

~SPONSOR~
Apr 6, 2002
hmm that a wierd thing to happen to it
give us more info
how many rebuilds? new rings, anything
are you the only owner? if so how much have you done to it?if not was it raced hard before you got it
let me know more about the bike so i can get a better idea of exactly what it is

volcom fsmx

Mar 10, 2003
i dont know very much about bikes...which i should though

i am the 2nd owner.... i got it from a guy that did not ride very hard. he raced some and went to the desert

I have had it since last july and raced a few times in the novice class.
gone to the desert rode kind of hard, not really any big jumps with it.

when it happend i was just riding around on flats with a few small jumps.
the area had massive water puddles about 1 foot deep that i rode through a couple times.

and when i was just riding up a trail is when it started to mess around with me

and again, i dont know a lot about bikes

thanks alot

garret

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
It actually sounds like you have two problems. Sounds like your tranny got stuck in gear, not sure but maybe you have never changed the oil. The second problem is you may have partially seized it..

My advice is to take it to someone who knows a lot more that can actually look at the bike and give a good asswsment of what is wrong. Get back to us and tell us what you find out.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…