TB250

Apr 22, 2006
Im going to look at a 2003 125sx in a few days. Is there any things i should look for that are typical on these bikes. Like any weak points on the frame or anything else thanks.

lynch racing

Aug 13, 2004
Try for a 2004 or newer, 2003 last year of that model,the 2004 will interchange almost all parts and plastic up to 2006.
Check steering head bearings,
Check for cracked top motor mount, if cracked, your frame will most likely be cracked everywhere under the paint and shot,
check rear spokes and count how many new ones there are,then look for cracked rear hub,
look on the inside of the bottom shock mount and see if it has rubbed with the swing mount and made a big mess down there,bottom bearing will most likely be shot,
check front sprocket for wobble on shaft and worn splines, And the best-your shifter will be lose on the taper shaft and most likely the splines will be a mess and the bolt and washer will NOT be original quality,that fell off the first 30 minutes of riding back in 2003!
Good Luck :cool:

TB250

Apr 22, 2006
Thanks Lynch Racing i appreciate the help, maybe i will hold off for a newer bike then unless this one is mint, thanks again for the info

JakeH05

Feb 21, 2007
i have a 2003 125sx its a very nice bike Ive had some problems with it but nothing out of the ordinary especially for a bike ridden as much as mine.Its a great bike for woods,mx,sx the whole deal.Its rocks.I sometimes wish i had another gear tho.Great bike

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom