KTMdude911

Dec 20, 2001
I have a KTM125exc and i was looking at a KDX200 or220.What are the differences.I like 2strokes but the ktm just isn't right for me.Is the Kdx real easy to ride?Do you hae to keep it in the powerband all the time?Thanks for any help?

kdxtaz

~SPONSOR~
Mar 29, 2002
I used to have a KX125, and it had plenty of go-fast power, but only if I kept it up in the happy zone, which was downright scary on some of the trails I ride. I'm much happier with the KDX. Doesn't beat me up as bad either. ;)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
The big difference is that the kdx has some power at lower rpm. The usable power band is very wide compared to that of a 125. Some of that is based on the higher displacement, some on heavier flywheel weight, some on porting and kips actuation. A well tuned KDX can be lugged up a trail at relatively low rpm and then blasted through an open stretch at high rpm. The best thing would be to find someone with a KDX near you and actually ride their bike. Many people modify their KDX's to get more usable power over stock. Riding preference and style will dictate that.

Good luck.

A KDX BUZZ

Jun 10, 2001
I was going to buy a 125 (kawi), Then I was saw a great deal on a '98 kdx 200. After rersearching, and riding both, the choice was clearly kdx. The 125 reved very quickly,and very responsive, But the kdx throttle felt more comfortable and predictible w/ better low end.
I could'nt tell ya witch was faster! they both kicked azz!

I agree w/ KelvinKDX ,ride one! or better yet ride both! & form your own conclusion.
If you wana jump realy high&far you might want the 125

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom