Aaronkdx

May 3, 2005
I am having a tough decision with this one. I current have a 2000 KDX 200. It's a great trail bike and I and pretty fast but the bike has limits. :nod: I have a pipe, jetted, usually mods. I am a little lower than 6 foot but still growing. I weigh about 160 w/gear and 16 years old. Id like to race HS not dead serious about it but you know, something to do and get excited about. I like going fast and all kinds of trail riding, perfebly single track, not super tight but not wide enough for quads. They just ruin the trails. :bang: I think I would have some trouble keeping the 125 on the pipe most of the time. But it puts me in a better class to race in. The 250 would be great for the woods but maybe a little bit more power than needed. but you can always have more power than what you need. :nod: ( i need help on this one). A 250 4stroke sounds great but they are all to much, I don't want to spend any more than 3000 on it. A 4stroke for that much would need a new top end, it wouldn't be in great shape. Please help me.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
You sound like me only a little younger. Check out a KTM200XC (or XC-W) or GasGas DE200. These bikes will smoke your KDX, so don't worry that they're offroad bikes. They are purebred racers built for the rigors of offroad racing.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Oh yeah, you should be able to find the bikes I listed above used in your price range. I got my GasGas second hand last February for $3800CDN in pristine condition.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I'd lean towards the 250 . . . You're 6' and probably going to gain weight.

Or you could consider getting a 125 modded for woods (144 perhaps - but I''m not sure of the class rules in HS).

Top Bottom