2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Father in law bought a 1971 Triumph T25T Trailblazer in backwoods Arkansas for $200. After cleaning the carb, it runs pretty well. Needs kickstarter and the swiss-cheese muffler guard. I am trying to talk him into selling me the bike because I think it's really pretty cool. Aluminum tank is really nice condition. Don't have a pic of his bike, but this is what they look like. Anyone have any experience with these?? Good or bad?? Thinking it would be a nice little bike for weekend rides in the country. Suspension is crap and a little heavy for much actual off road riding.
Thanks
t25.jpg

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
2strokerfun said:
Father in law bought a 1971 Triumph T25T Anyone have any experience with these?? Good or bad?? ]

We ran those engines on the Houston short track in 1971. We used different frames, wheels and forks but the same basic engine. If you spend a whole bunch of money and time on it, you can squeeze about 26 HP out of it. :whoa: :laugh:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
If you spend a whole bunch of money and time on it, you can squeeze about 26 HP out of it. :whoa: :laugh:

... which means it might keep up with a strong CRF150R, assuming Nixon is on the T25. :ohmy:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
... assuming Nixon is on the T25. :ohmy:

:nod: He was riding one of them.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
I couldn't keep up with a CRF150R if I was on a CR500AF!!
Got a local guy here, Red Daley, who used to do a lot of flat track bikes, both 4-and 2-stroke. He's always good for a story and good advise on these older bikes.
But first, I have to talk my wife's dad out of it. Probably ought to let her do it !

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Even if it's slow and heavy, it's still super cool.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I think my cousin had that very same bike.

One day he came by to let me take a spin (like he promised). At the time, I had a Suzuki TS120, one of the greatest lemons ever made (it had about 6 hp on a good day). The Triumph had mucho power compared to the little 120, so I was thrilled. It started to wobble a bit at about 70 (indicated) - good thing it wouldn't go any faster than that. The right side shifting got interesting.

My cousin bought it from the owner of a musical instrument store (the guy broke his leg on it, so he let it go cheap).

Last edited:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
And let's be honest here, cool is why I really want it!! I also think a new TIG welder would be really cool. Wife, not so much.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The new TIG machine got the nod on my "cool" list. :cool:

Attachments

• Dynasty_200_1062_DRN.jpg
    Dynasty_200_1062_DRN.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 123

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
2strokerfun said:
would be really cool. Wife, not so much.

I dunno. A new wife might be cool. :whoa: Depends on the old one I guess. :nod:

If you get it and need any help, let me know. I may still have my specs for those. The bike, not the wife. ;)

That aluminum gas tank will polish up real purdy.

Hey Rich. That's the shortest argon bottle I have ever seen. Where did you find that?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Ol'89r said:
Hey Rich. That's the shortest argon bottle I have ever seen. Where did you find that?

Terry - It's a 40 cu/ft bottle. I bought 2 of those instead of one 80 cu/ft bottle to make the whole thing more portable. The TIG box only weighs 45 pounds and has a handle on the top, so I can load it and the little bottle in my truck really easily. My local Airgas dealer keeps a couple in stock for me. But just to keep things flexible I designed the bottle holder to work with both the 40 & 80 cu/ft bottles. ;)

Attachments

• bottle_holder_40.jpg
    bottle_holder_40.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 113
  • bottle_holder_80.jpg
    bottle_holder_80.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
The new TIG machine got the nod on my "cool" list. :cool:

You know, I've always wondered what it would be like to own a welder and what I could do with it. I can can see my garage turning into a pile of unfinished projects. :nod:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom