New member from Pickering, advice needed!

RW16610

Sep 4, 2009
Hey folks!

My first post on this forum, of course. Was asking for advice on different (un related) forums and they were of great help to me, but showed me this site incase more was needed. Decided to register and very happy I did so. Alright, so this was something that I have been considering getting into for a LONG time. Not just Motorcycles but anything to enjoy the outdoors more in the good months. Do not know too much about the sport so just looking around for now and possibly next year will more seriously consider picking up a bike asap.

Long story short, just wan to get some advice and opinions form you all before taking the plundge. Where are some places locally to use them? Also, are any of you members into these?

Found this on Kijiji, for sale in Uxbridge, Ontario:

"It is in perfect condition, I just dont ride very much anymore
I change the filter after every ride (i keep them pre oiled) and I only use top of the line oil.
Top end rebuilt with low hours, I like to replace most things before they break, not after.
Very fast but NEVER RACED or jumped only trail ridden a few times
Stored in heated garage and washed after every ride.
Black
Hand guards
Renthal handlebars
Top end rebuilt with low hours
New brakes
New back tire
Extra set of good tires
Boyeseen reeds and valves
Renthal sprockets
Aluminum skid plate
FMF fatty pipe and silencer
Lots of extras, stand, gear, parts....too many to list!!!
You wont be disapointed, i dont play with junk
EMAIL ME FOR MORE PICS
make an offer
$2,450

2002 Honda CR250R

(Picture below post)

This would be amazing for trail riding I bet and just so anxious to educate myself more all about dirtbikes and the gear obviously before going into it. I am about 6'1" 170 lbs, so do you think a 125cc bike might be better for me to start with? So again, any help / suggestions are greatly appreciated! Hope to make some friends via the forum who live in Pickering, Ontatio (or Durham in general) who can teach me to ride and all else :cool: Also want to know exactly how the laws are here, and where are some places I can go to ride. Would it be possible to walk the bike from my house somewhere near by that might make for a good trail or no? Again, every suggestion is greatly appreciated as it would be nice to start this new hobby :ride:

Attachments

• 2497bl4_20.jpg
    2497bl4_20.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 169

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
1) a 250 2 stroke is no beginners bike.
2) you can really get screwed buying used bikes if you dont know what you are doing...and no offense...that sounds like the case.

I would recommend buying an old generation 4 stroke, such as an Honda XR...they make great trail bikes and will run forever.

GoldDrum

Aug 5, 2009
I agree, I am about 6' and 205lbs, I had a 2001 XR400 for 2 years and it was a great bike. It has alot of power, but it is controllable power. I recently traded it for a KX250 and this thing is a beast. I would recommend starting with something that has smooth power if you do not have a good bit of experience.

Top Bottom