drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
Bike has been sitting since July. Haven't started it or even moved it. (been riding other bike) Went to mess with it today. It started about half-way through second kick just fine. Went to shift into 1st gear and the clutch was not working. Put it in neutral, started on first kick as it usually does. Turned it off, put it in gear and rocked it back and forth a little. Clutch does not seem to be working at all. I checked to see if the cable was moving the arm on the outside of the case and it is working as usual. Could it just need to be ran out in the field or wherever to get the clutch working again. Could it not be working just from sitting for too long? Book doesn't say anything about it. Thanks.

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Our YZ80 used to do that if it sat awhile. It always freed up after just a minute or two of riding, and using the clutch.

It hasn't been a problem lately, as it gets ridden more often now.

Rotor

drgriffi1

May 24, 2007
Yeah, it's done it before and after just a few minutes of riding/cycling the clutch, it seems to free up and start working. I was just wondering if it is a problem I should get fixed right away or just live with it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom