Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
1981 suzuki rm80 (i need help)

Hello people i've just bought myself an 1981 suzuki rm80 and i would need some help....

1. I would need to know if it's a four stroke or a two stroke..
(all I know is that in the neck of my frame it says suzuki rm80 Z)

2.What kind of gas mixture if it's a 2 stroke.

3.What kind of oil if it's a 4 stroke.

4.What kind of sparkplug i need.

5.How many gears it has.

PS.If u know anything else plz tell me about it ...Thx alot :cool:

xxBLAZExx

Jun 18, 2006
2-Stroke

FrontTire-2.75x17

RearTire-4.10x14

ChainType-428x112

FrontSprocket- 14T

RearSprocket-50T

SparkplugNGK-B8ES

Use 32:1 ratio in gas/oil mix. - Use ATF in the clutch. :cool:

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
1982 suzuki rm80 (manuals/ help plz)

Hello people im searching the net for a manual for my 1982 suzuki rm80 and the only one's that I find are for sell.....But I dont really wanna buy one off the internet so....Can someone scan some pages of yours and email them to me..It would be greatly appreciated:wink: Very Happy Smile

My Email: jeanseb.v [at] gmail [dot] com

Also does any of you guys know how to un-jam a piston...Cuz mine jammed cuz my bike didn't run for a while. :yikes: :cool:

THX again :cool:

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
1982 suzuki rm80 clutch question

Hello people i've been told to use ATF in the clutch.

What does ATF mean???? :yikes: :whoa:

Thx :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
ATF = Automatic Transmission Fluid

Moto Man26

Aug 6, 2006
1982 suzuki rm80 clutch question

Hello people here is a question that i would need to know about...

I've been told to use ATF in my clutch...What is ATF?? :whoa:

PLZ tell me. :cool: :whoa:

THX :cool:

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
automatic transmission fluid
i have used it before- it is cleaner than regular oil,but i suggest using a new synthetic oil, they have came a long way!!----try klotz,the 2stroke oil is great and am hearing great news about the 4stroke oil,im going to use it in my 200x when it is done :cool:

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
hi you can go to bike bandit.com for the microfiche (pitures)
and the piston-pour some trannyfluid on the top of it let it soak,mabe a lil liquid wrench in with it, get a piece of wood 2x2 and tap it down,check the cylinder ,deglaze it -(hone it) and assemble

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
Automatic Transmission Oil. Works well as the wet clutch system in your bike is fairly close to the set-up in most Automatic Transmissions in most vehicles since the early 60's.

However, you also have a very small set of gears that put up with violent on-off power changes and have to survive in an unfiltered lubricant enviroment while being under constant metal-to-metal contact. (unlike the tranny in your truck)

The Synthetics have come a long way and while pricey they seem to provide excellent protection for the clutch and transmission and resist the heat from a long gnarly uphill way better than the 10-40 I used to run.

wirefryer#85

May 26, 2006
It's a two-stroke.

NGK B8ES for the plug, get a few extra and put them in the crossbar pad.

Valvoline 20-50wt. conventional oil or any name brand synthetic type oil for the tranny. Replace it after every hard day of riding!

Clean and replace the air filter with a proper one :) , K&N if you plan on keeping it, or any of the good foam ones if you don't.

50:1 ratio with premium or race gas to a good brand of 2-stroke oil, Yamalube 2 R, Klotz 50R, none of the conveience store junk, it'll just load up everything with spooge, if you spend money anywhere, spend it on GOOD 2-Stroke Oil!

Top Bottom