xr80hombre

Apr 21, 2007
hey guys im new to the forum and relativly new to dirt bikes i had a question im a member of a few other forums so i know the deal with the searvh button but couldnt find exactly what i wanted to know i picked up a 82 xr80 yesterday and it doesnt wanna start i was told that it needed a spark plug so i went out and grabbed one threw it on and kicked it over a few times wouldnt start so i checked the air filter which was good and its definetly gettin fuel so i checked for spark by sticking a screw driver in the plug socket (not the brightest way to go about it i know) and got some spark is there a possibility its getting spark but not enough of it? and if thats the case then most likley i would need a new coil correct? sorry guys i know this stuff may seem basic but im a minitrucker and i know what everything is on the bike but thats about where it ends i bought the bike just for sumthin to ride around on at the shows thanks in advance for the help guys

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Make sure the key is on if so equiped.

Put the plug in the cap.
Hold the cap and ground the plug against the cylinder.
Bright blue - white spark is good, week or yellowish spark is bad.

Also empty the fuel tank and carb and put about 1/2 gallon of FRESH gas in there. This could make all the difference in the world as old fuel is much more difficult to ignite.

Top Bottom