kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
I just picked up a 1984 red kdx 200 for a pretty good price. Its in great shape with a rebuilt top and bottom end and cosmeticaly good. The only problem is that the clutch was slipping a bit so i adjusted the clutch a little and it stopped doing ity as much but when it hits the powerband you can feel it slip a little bit. The gearbox was almost dry when i piocked it up and it had been sitting for a number of years. Does it sound like its time to replace the plates? any experience with this?

hows parts avaivability with this year? I hear that some parts are discontinued. Is this a rare kdx?

any help appreciated

thanks

todd

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Red is certainly more rare than green.

I bought a new one in '84 and all the reds were sold out, so I had to get a green one.

I loved that bike! Very good for its day, though the brakes were not good even by '84 standards. Like other KDX since then, the forks were too soft.

Sounds like you do need some clutch work before you ride it.

The '83 and '85 are nearly identical to your '84, except no red plastic was offered. The '86 - '88 motor is very similar except it has a powervalve. I'm not sure if the clutch might also interchange with earlier KDX175s ('80 - '82).

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom