oldcr125rkid

Sep 22, 2006
Hello I'm new here. Sorry I skipped the new guy section. (I'll go back....I promise) I really need some help. I just bought an 87 cr125r couple days ago for really cheap, I knew it needed some work when bought. My problem now is I think that it needs a new top end and I have a good deal pending on a for a 87-03 WISECO piston kit. But I dont know if its the right one for a stock bike. Here is the part number and some specs:
(WISECO) Std. Piston Set, Pro-Lite (54.00mm) for the Honda:
Part Number: 2126CS

From doing some research online I noticed that the piston sizes vary from 54.00mm to and sorts of sizes. I have a service manual on order to help with some of this questions, so dont flame me, but I can get probably get this piston kit for less than half the MSRP. Please help!

crrod

Aug 14, 2006
Well, I am not 100% positive, but the part number you gave is for the Wiseco piston RING, and not a piston set. That does look like the right part number for a piston ring for various years. However, looking at the following link, it appears the 87 CR125 takes a one year only piston. The following link is a PDF from Wiseco that has all the piston parts and application.

http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Catalogs/CB06/HondaCycleDirt.pdf

oldcr125rkid

Sep 22, 2006
crrod said:
Well, I am not 100% positive, but the part number you gave is for the Wiseco piston RING, and not a piston set. That does look like the right part number for a piston ring for various years. However, looking at the following link, it appears the 87 CR125 takes a one year only piston. The following link is a PDF from Wiseco that has all the piston parts and application.

Thanks man for that link it answer some questions :cool:

Top Bottom