1987 rm 125 replaced front brakes (Grabbing now!!) HELP

cms10balla

Dec 30, 2008
ok so i took the front brake caliper off my 87 suzuki rm 125 and took the worn pads off pushed the pistons all the way back and put new pads in. put the caliper back on the rotor and tried to use the brakes they work but when they release they dont release all the way and it causes the front wheel not to lock up but to make it really hard to turn cause the pads are rubbing so i took the caliper back off and noticed that the bracket on the caliper only one of the greased arms that are on the bracket move freely and the other arm is locked so i tried putt a C clamp on it and it moved in a little then tried to pry it back out with a screw driver it only goes out so far and wont come out all the way but the other arm can come all the way out.. so i think that one arm is making the brake rub.... what could or do i need to do to fix this and get back on the trials.. if you could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.. :|

cms10balla

Dec 30, 2008
the one arm on the bracket that goes in the caliper wont come out... it just moves a little but wont come out i used all the force i got.. the one arm slides right out of the caliper but the other arm on the bracket wont budge barely.. i tried c clamping in all the way in and taking a screw driver and pulling it back out and doing that over and over again thinking it will slowly work its way out but it moves in and out no more then 2-3 cms

cms10balla

Dec 30, 2008
does anyone know what i can do. or just waite it out till the new pad wears a little and then hopefully gets some play in between and then maybe it will start releasing idk what to do

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
If it was happening to me(but i dont own a 87).
I would try anything to get it moving(soaking in liquid/oil, using clamp anything), if it dont work then i would replace it. That is considering i already have the spare part here.

Keeping the pad there so they wear, i dont think it is a good idea. Maby it could overheat the brake disk? or changing pads but it wont last longer is not great solution.

Last edited:

Top Bottom