Darin Baylor

Apr 24, 2003
I just bought a 1990 kdx 200. Where can I find a shop manual for this model year? I found an '83-'88 Clymer manual, but no '90 manual.

I was riding the bike yesterday and it just quit on me and I couldn't get it started again...any suggestions? I had only ridden it for about 5 minutes.

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
Perhaps best place is to watch for manuals on eBay or check to see what your library has. We need more information about not being able to "get it started again."
Take the plug out and be sure that you have spark. Is the plug fouled? Lay the plug on the head with the plug attached to the coil. Kick it over and see if you see a spark. In broad daylight it will be difficult to see, but it is easy to see in the dark.
How is your air cleaner?
Are you sure you are getting fuel?
Be sure to check other websites about the KDX. They are VERY helpful. There are links on the front page of this forum.

Darin Baylor

Apr 24, 2003
Thanks guys, I will check out e-bay. I actually checked the spark plug and that's what it was. I was surprised to see it just fowled up while I was riding it, but I'm new to this machine.

I have started to take apart the bike and inspect it, and have dicovered other opportunities with maintenance that the previous owner obviously did not pay much attention to. This is going to be a fun project...

Another question:
Is it normal to have black "gunk" in the muffler? I took it apart and am in the process of cleaning it. It seems like the machine was run with the wrong mix at one point (or throughout), and this goop has collected in the muffler.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom