kdxgrizzly

Jan 7, 2006
hi,I would like to get the most out of the stock suspension on this bike.Im 190lbs without gear.the rear shock isnt too bad,but the front is terrible,feels like as soon as you turn the front end wants to wash out.any suggestions guys?
I guess what im looking for is what you are running for spring weight,oil levels,and clicker settings,preload on springs?
Sorry I'm new to this and learning.Thanks for any help.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Stiffer springs combined with Race Tech's cartridge fork emulators. Night and day difference over your stock forks.

Besides wimpy springs, the stock fork has too much high speed compression damping. You can't fix that with oil.

If you have no money for mods, you can cut a few coils off your stock springs. This will stiffen them up. You will want to add more spacers to keep the same amount of preload. Make sure you don't cut the spring too short or the coils will bind, limiting your suspension travel.

Raising your oil level will improve bottoming resistance, but not really change damping.

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
How hard would it be to exchange the forks for a used set of 1995+ conventional cartridge forks? I'll bet you could find a set on an auction site……..maybe cheaper (and more effective) than trying to mod the exisitng forks. You may end up needing the wheel and brake caliper too though, I don't know for sure.

Yeah, the old conventional forks were pretty grim by today's standard.

Top Bottom