ChadInColo

Feb 14, 2005
Here's the deal, getting a good deal on a 90 KX250, pretty good shape but needs a pipe and the carb worked on. It's got a flatslide on it now, I'm pretty sure it came from Kawasaki with a round slide. Any preferences on which is better? Should I find a roundslide, or is the flat a little bit better carb? Tuning either is no problem, done both in the past. What size should the carb be?

Second question, any good sources for a pipe? Dennis Kirk has them, best place to go?

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
ChadInColo said:
Here's the deal, getting a good deal on a 90 KX250, pretty good shape but needs a pipe and the carb worked on. It's got a flatslide on it now, I'm pretty sure it came from Kawasaki with a round slide. Any preferences on which is better? Should I find a roundslide, or is the flat a little bit better carb? Tuning either is no problem, done both in the past. What size should the carb be?

Second question, any good sources for a pipe? Dennis Kirk has them, best place to go?

Unless the carb is worn out, leave it alone (unless it needs cleaning) and tune as needed. The stock carb is the flatslide (38mm? I believe), not a roundslide. The flatslide is a better carb as well.

Unless the pipe is completely destroyed or missing, you could have it repaired if you wanted, unless you really just want a shiny new pipe on your bike.

ChadInColo

Feb 14, 2005
Judging from the skills of the person I bought it from, and his comment that he changed the carb I didn't know if what I got is what I should have....

As far as the pipe, it's been "repaired" about 5 times that I can see, one place has a crack about 2 inches long, 1/4 inch wide...I wouldn't want to spend any time, let alone money on it.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom