1991 Kawasaki KDX 200 Clutch arm/ rod Assembly

Jun 8, 2009
What is the great secret to keepimg the clutch rod/ arm that inserts on the right-hand side of the 1991 Kawasaki KDX 200 from slipping out when installing a New one? I Put New Oil seal, New small roller bearing etc. in, but the clutch rod (the one that the cable hooks to) pops back out when I close the cover and, try to engage it after starting the bike. Can anyone lend a hand?

JB Magee

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
heres how you do it .............

Give me your xc-w

then jullienD will hop in here and tell you all about it .....................................................................................while I run the piss out of the 200 xc-w and see how many things get loose, break, or wear out :laugh:

:nener: just kidding (had a buddy just buy a used one ,525, and everything seemed to be completly wore out)

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I can't quite understand how that could be happening. For it to "pop out", it has to come UP, correct? There should be nothing in the assembly to make it come up and out of the cover. Pull the plastic clutch cover and make sure that it is installed with the flat spot towards the clutch acutator inside.

Good to see you made it back SR5! Sounds like fun was had...

J.

Jun 8, 2009
julien_d said:
I can't quite understand how that could be happening. For it to "pop out", it has to come UP, correct? There should be nothing in the assembly to make it come up and out of the cover. Pull the plastic clutch cover and make sure that it is installed with the flat spot towards the clutch acutator inside.

Good to see you made it back SR5! Sounds like fun was had...

J.
Thanks for info. This KDX 200 has no plastic cover. As you sugessted, I feel certain that the Flat surface was aligned With the actuator. However, I will look again. I replaced the oil seal, needle bearing(s) and the entire Clutch rod/ arm.
Thanks, JBM

Jun 8, 2009
sr5bidder said:
heres how you do it .............

Give me your xc-w

then jullienD will hop in here and tell you all about it .....................................................................................while I run the piss out of the 200 xc-w and see how many things get loose, break, or wear out :laugh:

:nener: just kidding (had a buddy just buy a used one ,525, and everything seemed to be completly wore out)

You are pathetic! Not to mention, it's obvious that you are a loner and have very few, if any true (trustworthy) friends. If all you can reply is what you sent, spare me or I will respond accordingly. Yes, that is a threat!!!!!!!!!!

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
your right man I didn't have anything nice to say ...so I should not have said anything at all... with that I will speak no more of KTM

some peple have no sense of humor..

but I was right about Julien_d jumping in to help.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Well, that's the last bit of help he'll get from me.

Sr5 IS a friend, and you I don't know from adam, except that you can hop on here and start immediately insulting respected members.

Good day, sir.

J.

james.keaton

May 8, 2009
looks to me if I were you, I would buy a manual for it? Try that first, then ask questions, but you have already made a name for yourself on here... good luck

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
Hey y'all don't be trying to run anyone off we want everyone to feel welcome and to also be able to poke fun every once in a while!!

maybe I hit a sore spot with him....

:cool:

Top Bottom