Feb 5, 2008
I currently own a 91 RT 180. I know its not exactly a high performance bike, but Im looking to do some small hop ups, Pipe, Silencer, ect. Main problem is that theres obviously not a huge market for aftermarket parts for the bike, just wondering if anyone knows of any companies that do make anything for it. The bike was very inexpensive, got it from a friend and it has some sentimental value, which is the main reason Im looking to keep it and just put a little money into rather then buy something else.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I posted this in another thread. There really isn't any aftermarket stuff for the bike:

When you tear down the top end take a look at the exhaust port. On mine it was filled half in with alum. that severly hurt the power. I ground it all out (make sure you don't break through), rejetted it and had a ton more power (sorry, I don't recall what jets I changed but I when bigger on the main and played with the needle clip posiyion). The engine is an old MX engine design that they must have thought they needed to tone down by plugging the exhaust.

Feb 5, 2008
My bike does need a top end rebuild, so Ill defidently look into this when I take the Jug off. Is it an obvious obstruction or is this something that Ill need some pictures of to see.

Top Bottom