fmxridah

Jan 7, 2007
Several years ago I purchased a cylinder as a replacement. It has all the normal casting numbers for a '94 YZ125 cylinder. Has YZR engraved on the right side. It is obvious the cylinder has had port work. Stock power valves fit. The cylinder had zero hours on it when I bought it. I ran it for a few hours, before a piece of some engine part gouged it up pretty bad. My questions are does anyone have any idea who ported cylinders and labeled them YZR? With it being ported can it be resleeved, or is it cheaper to have welded and re-coated?

MXRose3

Nov 29, 2005
fmxridah said:
Several years ago I purchased a cylinder as a replacement. It has all the normal casting numbers for a '94 YZ125 cylinder. Has YZR engraved on the right side. It is obvious the cylinder has had port work. Stock power valves fit. The cylinder had zero hours on it when I bought it. I ran it for a few hours, before a piece of some engine part gouged it up pretty bad. My questions are does anyone have any idea who ported cylinders and labeled them YZR? With it being ported can it be resleeved, or is it cheaper to have welded and re-coated?

Go to www.lukesracing.com
they will recoat it for $150 if you remove the studs, powervalve, ect. Welding is an additional $30 I believe.
You'll need to send them a new stock piston too.

Top Bottom