J-ROCK

Feb 29, 2004
I bought a 95' DT for a daily driver/occasional trail bike
The first day out I melted the piston... grrrrr
upon inspection it would seem the carb had some crap floating around in there and the main jet plugged up..
Anyhow I had it rebuilt by a friend, used a Wiseco piston and had the cylinder bored.. The bike seems to run ok however there is a noticeable vibration in the low end.. when lugging or idleing in gear even. It definatley doesn't feel right.
when the revs are up it feels normal...
when he did the rebuild he re-jetted the main to a 170 (was 150 stock) other then that just a typical top end rebuild.
I've broken it in properly and rode it shut the motor off and pulled the plug.. plug looks fine and normal. what else would you look at before starting to think about the bottom end needing a rebuild. Also one other question, when changing to an aftermarket pipe and silencer what would you recommend jetting wise?

Thanks for helping a newbiw out. :thumb:

aus426

Mar 7, 2004
Why did your friend put in such a big main jet? If the motor is otherwise stock it should be running far too rich now, what do you mean by 'fine and normal' when you're talking about the plug? For the vibration I would be checking that the balancer shaft is timed correctly.

J-ROCK

Feb 29, 2004
Fine and normal.. Brown in color..
I will check the balancer, It's hard to explain online the problem. We jetted it richer because I'm planning to add a pipe and silencer in the next few days.. and to allow it to be reved without fear of it being to lean. He did say that the rod felt tight but that he didn't tear it down as far as the bottom end so my fear is always for the worst. :)

Top Bottom