Infidel138

Mar 12, 2010
I recently bought a 95 Rm 125 and prior to buying the bike it was kept in a garage and not started very much over 2 years. Ive had the bike for two weeks rode it twice. But last night is the hardest that I have rode it. It was Idling fine running great and then it wont start. Did all the troubleshooting steps for Starting difficulties and still nothing. A guy from across the street came over and was helping me with trying to start it and he came to the conclusion to check the Stator. The bike had compression, spark, and when we spraid starter fluid in the air box it would start sometime. When I follow the repair manual steps for checking the Stator I get .100 K ohms. The manual says for my bike 2-5 k ohms. I might not be doing this correctly does anyone have anymore ideas. As far as I know this is the original Stator on the bike.

Thanks Infidel138

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Be sure and go to your User CP and update information relating to your location, type of riding, etc.

I am going to move this thread to the 2-Stroke Discussion forum so it will get more views.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

speedy1

Jul 21, 2009
Any chance you have less than half a tank of fuel?
Turn your gas petcock to reserve, pull the choke and give it another try. It sounds like you have all you need for it to run and it fires when you spray starting fluid into the carb, so try this and see if it fires up.

The "ON" position only works when you have almost 6" of fuel in the tank. There are two pickups in the tank. The "ON" pickup tube extends almost 6" up into the tank. The reserve one is open at the very bottom o the tank. Once you get below the 6" mark or so, you have to switch it to reserve or you won't get fuel. It looks like there is plenty of fuel in the tank, but won't run.

Maybe not the problem, but worth a shot.

Top Bottom