sodbrother

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
I have been out of the sport for a few years so I am a little out of touch with the dirtbike comunity. I just bought a 1995 RM 250 that is in need of some work. It is missing the entire top end, carb, cdi box, and coil as far as I can tell. I only paid $400 for the bike so hopefully I can find adeal on some parts and bring some life back into this bike.

I need to know what years I can interchange parts from ? What years can I take a top end from most importantly, and what carbs I can easily interchange on that bike ?

Also is there any good used RM parts dealers out there ?

Can I interchange the electronics from a RM125 or other Suzuki models ?

Any interesting facts about this bike ?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sodbrother

roosteater

~SPONSOR~
Dec 27, 1999
Good luck on your project. I had a '94 RM 250 and it was a screamer. I can tell you this much....the 93-95 RM's had essentially the same chassis and bodywork. However, I don't know that the cylinder heads and everything else are the same between those years. Best bet is to go to an online Suzuki parts directory and compare the necessary parts from year-to-year. Otherwise, check with your dealer. Perhaps make an exact list of what you need and go to the dealer and see if you can find out just what will work between those years and what won't.

Coming up with a carb shouldn't be a problem. A new one should cost somewhere in the range of $150 or so. But, you may be able to find a used one. The cylinder head and cdi are the sketchy ones. Good luck finding a used cylinder for that bike. The same goes for the cdi.

Here's the thing....you really need to find good used parts at a good price. I wish that I knew of a good source on that. If you have to buy new, you're going to end up sticking way more into that bike than it's worth.

Again....good luck. I hope you can get that bike back together. Those year RM's went like raped apes. Not the best for low end grunt, but they absolutely ripped from mid to top. I actually decided to get rid of my 94 because it just spooked me too much.

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
Check Ebay constantly....sometimes you get lucky and someone will part out their bike.

I had a 93 RM250. It was good for beginner learning but as I got faster the bike flat out sucked. The powerband left much to be desired...with only a midrange hit no bottom no top. Its difficult to ride but if you can dial it in and stay in the power (which is hard), it could be fast.

Top Bottom