Nov 19, 2005
i have a 97 kdx 220 has fmf front pipe,pro circuit rear muffler
boyscen pro series reeds,
the bike doesn't like idleing when hot which is a pain
the jetting on the bike is standard
has anybody had this trouble before or has any ideas on how to fix it
cheers :bang:

Feb 26, 2006
I have a '97 KDX200 and it idles just fine even when it's hot. In fact it idles alot better than my old YZ80. I've never had a problem wuth the way it runs.

est142

Dec 30, 2003
if you tilt the bike by putting it on the sidestand, and try to let it idle unattended...it really throws the carb out of level. this effects the carb float, and general operation. my jetting and adjustments are spot on, but the difference is noticeable. about 500rpm lower idle speed when bike is on the kickstand,as compared to when you hold the bike upright...or are sitting on it. try setting your idle for bare minimum, as the bike is leaning on the kickstand and fully warmed up.

HSK1

Nov 19, 2005
cheers yeah have played with idle screw the only way to semi get it to idle when hot is screw idle screw rite in
thanks est142 i will try that tonite

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
Pilot jet clogged up?

...sounds like maybe the pilot jet is clogged...air screw wound 'right in' means the idle circuit is set full rich, worth checking.

It you are struggling with this one..well it could even be a an air leak between carb' and cylinder...spray some carb cleaner around the carb area and see if the idle changes....

Richard

Top Bottom