berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
I'm at a loss here. So I took my bike out about a month ago and it ran fine. After I was done, I sprayed it down at the car wash and got some water down the exhaust (noob NoNo, I know). But last weekend I pulled the plug, cranked a few times, replaced the plug with a brand new one and it kicked over just fine. So I'm thinking all is well. I go out to start it today after repacking the silencer and the damn thing won't start So, I pull the plug again thinking there may still be some water in there because I didn't run it long last weekend. Replace the plug, again, and still nothing. Have I f'd something up here? I checked electricals and everything's connected, I'm not sure what to do... Any help???

:bang:

berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
Here's a pic of the new plug that was only run for 10 minutes

Spark.jpg

Trashrider

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 3, 2004
Pull the mag cover and look for water and/or contamination. If water did get in there and it sat for a few weeks it is possible that it is now corroded. Good luck.

Mark

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
Hmm, if you sprayed it off at the car wash with high pressure then you not only got water in places that under normal circumstances water would not have got but it also shot into your air filter through the side ports and when you cranked it, it went into your carb and is now at the bottom of the bowl.

berlinetta

Dec 16, 2006
thanks for the tips guys, I finally got it to crank over. The kill switch seemed to be sticking. Talk about a lesson learned... car wash = nono!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom