reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Not sure, but a previous owner put one on mine that looks and works well... if nobody posts the "real answer" I'll go shoot a picture for you and see if I can find any markings...

VenturaDC

Jul 23, 2009
http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/

click tech tips, then find #plate install.

I used a front # plate from the same year kx250, had to drill a new hole in the top about an inch up from the existing hole then just used a sticker to cover the old hole, then i zip tied the lower part thru the mounting tabs that dont line up around the forks, cant see them and they hold tight.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I pulled mine off, and the only markings I could find were "made in Italy", which doesn't narrow it down much.

The top center hole lines up nicely, and you can punch a hole in the cover and put in a second screw close to it if you want. The bottom two screws end up almost an inch too low, but the fender fit is perfect. It looks like the previous owner had to notch out about 1" by 1/2" section to clear the brake cable stay.

I'll post pictures, this sounds like a better fit then the KX250 plate, the fork parts line up nicely.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
Like I said, this was done by a previous owner, so I don't know much more then what you can see. The sellers Dad had a big and motley collection of old dirt bikes, and they had a dirt bike junk yard near by, and they weren't shy about kludging... so they probably had lots of parts at hand to look at to choose what they wanted, who knows what this came off of.

That top screw would line up fine and bolt up perfectly to the threaded boss in the upper triple tree clamp, except the previous owner has sheared a bolt off in mine. Another project for another day... :/

numberplatefront.jpg

numberplateback.jpg

svtman79

Oct 29, 2009
Thanks guys for the replies. I am putting a new tank and all new plastic on soon. I can't decide if I want a number plate or new headlight. My old one is seriously faded.

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I have three bikes in the garage right now... mine, and two friends bikes (I am working on rejetting them). One is bone stock (factor headlight, looks new). One has the aftermarket alien looking dual headlight setup. Mine has the number plate.

Bias aside, I like the look of mine the best, just a simple number plate. I also rigged a tool bag that is roughly the same size as the number plate, that I can strap on there with big velcro straps if I am ever going to be riding far away from "the tool truck". It seems to be a perfect mounting place, no handling problems, and it puts a little extra weight low and up front to hold the front down during hill climbs.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom