j.fenton

Dec 10, 2007
My Suzuki rm 125 is leaking gas out of one of the overflow bottom tubes ,when the gas is left in the on position and bike is on the stand,bike also started running super rich blowing oil out the exhaust and all over rear fender.I havent changed any of the carb settings but all of a sudden it started doing this.I checked the air screw and it is 3 turns out .I run a 40:to 1 gas oil ratio and its been fine in the past,Any suggestions,Thanks Jeremy

lestat357

Dec 5, 2007
for the carb id check the throttle to make sure its not feeding it gas on its own - make sure the idles not set to high - take the bowl off and clean out all the passages with carb cleaner and if you have an air compressor blow out all the passages with air and lastly dont leave the gas on when your not using the bike. for the exhaust id lessen that oil mixture to 36 to 1 or even 32 to 1. also you might consider changing up the jetting, bills pipes has jetting specs on their website good luck.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Also, gas these days goes bad very quickly. If bike is not to be ridden for a month or two, drain the tank and use it in your lawnmower. Loosen the drain (17mm) on bottom of carb to drain gas out. As stated above, clean your carb real well. It's most likely gummed up from bad fuel.

j.fenton

Dec 10, 2007
lestat357 said:
for the carb id check the throttle to make sure its not feeding it gas on its own - make sure the idles not set to high - take the bowl off and clean out all the passages with carb cleaner and if you have an air compressor blow out all the passages with air and lastly dont leave the gas on when your not using the bike. for the exhaust id lessen that oil mixture to 36 to 1 or even 32 to 1. also you might consider changing up the jetting, bills pipes has jetting specs on their website good luck.

j.fenton

Dec 10, 2007
Got the carb out,cleaned all ports and jets with carb cleaner and air ,put fresh gas in at a ratio of 40to1 which is leaner than 36 or 32 to 1 .Still blowing raw oil all over rear fender and bogging in the mid to high range .Main jet is a stock 180 and slow or pilot jet is a stock 55 air screw 2 turns out and idle is low. Thanks for the suggestions Any more would be appreciated.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Even though you switched to 40:1, you've actually created a richer BURNABLE mixture. But that's not the issue. Choose a ratio and stick with it... (I'd go 32:1 on a 125.) Bikes are usually jetted really rich from the factory, I know our RM's have been. You may want to drop the pilot and main a size or two..... leaning the needle one clip may make a huge improvement. Fuel overflowing from the bowl is most likely a needle and seat issue (under where float pivots)... sounds like you got that solved with the cleaning...?

Top Bottom