ThumperGod

Mar 21, 2003
Hey everyone.I have a 1999 Canadian RM250. I have had the bike for like 7 months and love it. It has a stock pipe and a turbine core 2 on it. It used to have a Power Core 2 which was stolen off the bike. The power different in the two pipe is nothing.I almost feel the turbine core 2 is more power and it sounds a lot more throtty. My question is what do oyu guy think about the 99,is it a good year. Umm what the difference in USA and Canadian model. Will price by different at resale. I got this bike for 2000 US. It has Delta Vee Force reed,pro-action forks and shock. Renthal Bars and spocket,Factory Effexs Graphics. Do you think i got a good deal?

zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
I think that was a pretty fair deal, I had one of that year it was very fast, I too had the Turbine Core along with a fatty but the Fatty pipes kept cracking along the weld, FMF did warranty them but finally I smashed the last one then bought a Pro-circuit which I don't think had as good of power as the fatty setup, proper jetting was also key, there was a trick that I did with blocking off the power valve vent hose supposedly to help lowend power, I don't really know how much it helped. As you know it is a real top end screamer and kind of hard to get much lowend out of it but the fatty was good.

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
You got a very good deal.

I have a 2000 which is pretty much the same bike.

The 1999 rated very well by the bike mags, 1st or 2nd place by most.

The 99 had a lot more power then the 98 which had a totally different engine.

I have added boyesen rad valves and a FMF Gnarley pipe and FMF shorty silencer.

I have only riden my bike once but it is a real screamer and I'm thinking about adding a flywheel weight.

-Geoff

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom