WLKDX

Dec 7, 2004
I have a 1999 wr 250 that is very rich, (hard starts, spooge, smoky). I see one thread dealing with this and will rejet, I was wondering if anyone has similar equpment and advice. This bike has an FMF Gnarly pipe and power core silencer, Moto-Tassarini V-force reeds. Aside from the jetting the low end power is non-existant, I will check power valve to ensure proper operation. Is this bike weak down low like a MX bike or is something definately wrong. Also are the V-force reeds better than Boyeson?

TimBRP

Mar 7, 2005
I have the exact bike and setup as you. I'll try to check my jetting and get back to you with what I have. Currently I have a fresh rebuild, gnarly pipe and turbine silencer, twin air filter and v force reed setup. Any reeds are better than stock, much better throttle response. I can lug my bike very well so the lack of lowend may mean something else is up.

WLKDX

Dec 7, 2004
Just noticed the name, do you ride any of the Netra events, haven't noticed any Husky's. I have been riding a KDX this year.

TimBRP

Mar 7, 2005
No, not really into the NETRA events, yet. Probably will have to start though seeing as riding areas are being gobbled up by 40b subdivisions.

Top Bottom