20 inch front tire

Junkyard Dog

Mar 31, 2004
Hey all,
02 KX250
Has anyone tried a 20" front tire? What I'm looking for is to gain tighter turning thru a turn on slow tight twisty tracks. I know this bike will never steer like a EXC or KDX. I've done the usual things,springs f/r,raise the rear ride hieght,raise the forks in the clamps,back off the clickers, it helped a little but not alot.
This year KX was not the best at tight turns.

Thanks for the input
JD

vetyz47

Sep 7, 2005
20" 756 front....

best front end i ever had for ax/sx and general mx......Not 5th gear stuff....9lbs of air and go with you fork tubes up 7 -10 mm in your clamps.....bike will turn quicker than a politician............................yup :cool:

Woodsquest

I love DRN!
Dec 15, 2004
I also have a 20" front on a 02 KX250. It has the Dunlop 756 tire too. It steers every bit as quick as my KDX220. I put the 20"er on a KX500 and dang near couldn't get it back from the guy who owns that bike.
Just be aware, it can be a bit twitchy at speed, but all my riding is trails and enduros, although I have had it up to 60 mph bursts down fireroads. (Speed measured by GPS and ICO Checkmate)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…