joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I just finished putting a top end on a 2000 CR 125. The kid that owns it took it apart quite some time ago but didn't know what he was doing so he brought it to me to fix it. I have no clue how long it had been apart. I sent the top end to US Chrome to be plated for a 55 mm piston. Because the bike sat with no fluids in it for quite some time the crankshaft was somewhat stuck, but i pulled the motor and filled it with ATF and eventually got it to turn over and everything seemed to be ok. I'm having some troubles with the clutch plates dragging because of sitting with no fluid also. I also replaced the water pump gear because it had broke when the top end went out (or so i'm told).

BUT.. my problem is that after i got the bike all put together i started it up (it ran a little rich) and made one hell of a whine/squeal (thats the best i can describe it) noise from the motor. I checked the power valve and it seemed to be ok. At first i assumed it was the crank bearing but it doesn't sound quite like a bearing to me. Any suggestions would be VERY VERY appreciated.

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
it makes the noise whether its in gear or not, the only thing is is that i've never heard a bearing sound quite like that, so i was just seeing if anyone else here had

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
i also forgot to mention that the kick starter spring was gone so i figured it would be ok without, is it possible that this is making the sound, it does sound like two gears whinning

Top Bottom