Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
I have been looking for a husky but haven't been able to find one that I want but I have found a 00 250exc for 3500.00 can any body tell me of any problems and the good thing about this year Thanks, I have ran a search but not a lot came up.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Not much difference between it and the '01 except for the throttle slide cutaway, They went from a 6.0 to a 6.5 in '01. Better forks, shock,porting and ignition and cooler looking wave brake rotors than the '99 if I recall correctly.

fastboy

Nov 5, 2001
2000 EXC

I'VE GOT A 2000 MXC AND IT'S A REAL SOLID ALL AROUND GOOD BIKE. SOME OF MY OTHER BIKES HAVE BEEN FASTER MOTO CROSS BIKES, BUT THIS ONE HAS BEEN WORKING OUT REAL WELL FOR TRAILS, CROSS COUNTRY, NON COMPETATIVE MX, AND PLAYING. IT'S BEEN VERY RELIABLE AND I'M PLEASED WITH IT. I REALIZE THAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT THE EXC, NOT THE MXC, BUT THE KTM IN GENERAL HAS BEEN GOOD TO ME.

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
Just an update, I will have the bike in a week, its got the Rad valve, Garly pipe, carbon fiber pipe guard, skid plate, Manual, tool kit, extra top end, 01 cylinder, 02 sx swing arm, pro tapers, Cant wait! Keith:)

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by Keith M
Just an update, I will have the bike in a week, its got the Rad valve, Garly pipe, carbon fiber pipe guard, skid plate, Manual, tool kit, extra top end, 01 cylinder, 02 sx swing arm, pro tapers, Cant wait! Keith:)

I am looking at a used 00 as well (a 300) and am wondering why your bike would have a 02 swing arm. I recall seeing other posts noting some issue with swing arm, as well as somthing with top shock mounts or something being bad on the 00's. Are the 2000's known to have problems in these areas? Also seems there is lots of chatter about the suspension valving on any PDS bike - is it really all that horrible? I wonder if its "horrible" only for those at the upper ends of the skill range (ie AA, A riders) unlike us slow poke C class guys. (ie - its good enough for me??)

YBOT_US

Jun 13, 2000
I have a 00' 250 exc and have put close to 1500 miles on it...

The only problem I have had was a broken kick-stand bolt...I've have
beat my body and the bike over the last two years and the only things
that gives in my flesh.

love the bike.

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
The guy I'm buying the bike from got a new head because of a crack in the head and a new swing arm for the same reason, KTM sent the stuff to him to make it right

Top Bottom