sbc63trls250

Mar 22, 2008
hey i just picked up a 00 rm 125..i dont know too much about bikes or whatnot..im thinking of ordering plugs but the ones they call for are like $30...the one thats in there is a br9 or so..could this be a problem? i rode it today and there was quite a bit of oil coming out the exhaust,its mixed at 40:1 i was told. and im thinking of getting a exhaust possibly. would i have to rejet the carb?
thanks for the advice in advace

AV8R

Jan 20, 2006
The NGK BR9EG or ES is the proper plug don't bother with the $30 plugs they won't help your problem.
On a 125 I would mix the the fuel at 32:1 minimum. These are high reving engines and need the lubrication unless you are only putting around.
The oil out the exhaoust is from too rich of a air fuel mixture not to be confused with the premix/gas mixture.
You'll need to re-jet for your riding speed and style. Jetting is always changing depending on your speed the temeprature and the altitude you are at.
As you get faster (more time in high revs) you may need to enrichen the mixture.
Hotter temps lean the mixture.
Higher altitude lean the mixture.

AwfulSmokey

Oct 15, 2007
i would run a BR8ES it's a little hotter than the stock plug. I run it in my KDX200 and KX250. It seems alot of people run it in their 2 strokes.

Top Bottom