mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
A local here is selling a 2000 yz250 with a 2001 engine. Is it common to swap engine a year foward or back? Could this be a dangerous setup or is it the same engine just one year newer. What would be a fair price for a bike like this? Im not sure but he wants over 1500 for it, is that way to much. He said he just had engine rebuilt and suspension worked on "he has reciepts." This is his description of the bike: "
2000 YZ-250 with 2001 Engine Complete Top End and Lower End Rebuild with 0 hours on total rebuild. New Sprockets - Front and Rear, New Chain, Rear Shock rebuilt with 0 Hours on Shock. Very Fast, Great Shape, Ready to go. Extras around every corner!! This bike is Hooked up. You will not be disappointed. See list of aftermarket parts and pictures below. Cylinder Bored Head Ported Reed Valve Renthal Bars Works Connection Skid Plate, Frame Guards, Radiator Guards FMF Fatty Header Pro Circuit Shorty Pipe Gold Excel Rims Hinson Billet Clutch Basket Hinson Billet Pressure Plate Hinson Billet Inner Hub Hinson Racing Clutch Bill of Sale will be included with purchase of the Bike. " It looks nice I am going to talk to him today please respond quickly
thanks in advance

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
The engines are basically the same. Assuming its in good shape there should be no problems in doing so.

I would have a hard time paying much over 2000.00 for the bike. The two strokes just dont sell for much anymore.

I saw a beautiful 2003 yz 250 for 2700.00. The bike had only a few hours on it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom