trajisto

May 3, 2002
I JUST BOUGHT A 300 EXC. I WILL BE RIDING IT IN THE ROCKIES(+/- 9,500') AND NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF MILEAGE I WILL GET WITH THE STOCK TANK. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

Gardener

Jul 28, 2000
I get about 80km or 50 miles per tank on my '00 300 with float set, #7 slide, CGH 3rd, 172 m and 42 pilot. Some guys claim more but this is about the best I've ever gotten on mine and no, I don't spend a lot of time on the ground :confused:

mknight

Jun 14, 2000
I have the same bike, but I can't quote you my jetting specs off the top of my head. However, I do know that I seem to get around 60+ miles to the tank, but that depends on conditions a bit. Riding in fast desert terrain here in Utah at about 5,000 feet I can usually do a desert loop of around 40 miles and still have 1/3 tank or so.

On my '98 300 M/XC I remember doing a 55 mile ride and not switching to reserve and I think reserve is probably good for close to 10 miles.

I'll be interested in other responses but my guess is that depending on conditions you could get 50 on the low end and 70+ on the high end.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I have no problem doing a 40 mile loop at race pace without hitting reserve. Normally 2 gal will top me off so I get around 55 - 60 miles on a tank at desert race pace. If the bike is jetted fat your milage can be less.

Last edited:

royf

Apr 27, 2002
I had a 00' 300 and made it over 70 miles without hitting reserve doing fast trail riding in the mountains. I have hit reserve at around 65 miles on a couple of occasions as well.

Dave Russell who owns the KTM shop in Spokane claimed he could get over 100 miles on a tank with his 300, but I outweigh him by 40-50 pounds.

Roy

woods_rider1

Sep 27, 2001
I know my comparison may be far off from what you are looking for, but a few weeks ago I returned to the truck after a long trail ride (50 miles) and topped off with less than a gallon and a half. (there was about a pint left in the container) I have a 250 so you can give or take a litle to compare with yours.

velosapiens

Mar 18, 2002
i haven't had my 02 300 exc long, and i seem to get better mileage on all my scooters than lots of other folks (you call it slow, i call it smooth), but i get around 30 mpg, which seems high to me, but i went to the trouble of filling up the tank quart by quart and marking it off, and the last couple 60 mile rides i was on, i still had over a gallon left. go figger. i have better range than my 4-stroke! (a klx300/2.2gallon tank).j
mw

enmerdeur

Feb 10, 2002
I get about a 100 miles out of one tank at trail speeds on my 02' 300 EXC. Haven't really given it a good fast deseret mileage test yet. I consider myself in the velosapiens class of rider. Smoooooooooooth Baby!

94ruck

Sep 14, 2001
58-65 miles before time to get to the truck. We have jetted ours every which way but usaully not much better. I would say you are running out of gas near 75 miles when ridung in high elevation, stock tank and correct jetting with stock gearing riding single track.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom