diablo26

Apr 19, 2002
I am having a problem with my front brake. with the stock brake line I was experiencing a mushy feel. I changed the brake fluid and bled the system well. This didn't make much of a difference, so I purchased a steel braided brake line hoping that it would get rid of the mushy vague feeling. Still nothing. I can't figure out the problem and it is driving me nuts, the system is to simple to be this difficult to fix. I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

diablo26 :p

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The Crs have a really solid feeling brake so something is wrong-i suspect you need to rebuild the master cylinder, have you tried back bleeding the brake?did it go mushy after a crash?

diablo26

Apr 19, 2002
Ya I remember how solid it used to feel, that's why it's bothering me so much. What is back bleeding? I was gravity bleeding.
How much to rebuild the master cylinder? can I do it myself? and how can I tell if that is what needs to be done, is there some sort of test?

Thanks for the reply.

diablo26

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
To back bleed- buy a large syringe from automotive stockist and bleed it upwards from the bleeder nut.It tends to make the bubbles go the way they want to naturally.Normal bleeding doesnt get the bubbles out sometimes.

Top Bottom