pops33

May 14, 2001
I see a lot of info about 99' and earlier KDX's but how about the
2001 have they updated the front springs. I weigh 200 (with gear)
I ride int. to expert class what shock spring and fork spring would
someone recommend?
Pops

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
The '01 KDX received no updates. The shock spring should be OK for you, but you will want some .41 kg/mm fork springs. This will balance the suspension from front-to-rear much better than the factory springs, and will hold the front of the bike up much better.

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
pops:
I run a .42 in front and a 5.2 in the rear with a revalved fork and shock. Race tech, Mx tech, Moto Pro and others have spring info on their web sites. I tried like crazy to get my 220 to work without re-valving but I finally bit the bullet and I'm glad I did. The suspension is much plusher over the small bumps that make up 80-90% of the terrain and tire you out and it doesn't wallow in the big whoops and g-out's. Traction is much improved on hills and creek crossings. I went with Moto -Pro because he is local and familiar with the terrain and conditions we ride. If you are going to do springs only I would go with .42 and 5 weight oil at 130 mm but a re-valve will make a world of difference. Mine now hooks up better than my buddy's stock 98 ktm mxc
btw i'm 200lbs with gear on also.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom