2002 Honda CR250 pipes

Rumz

Oct 13, 2002
does anybody know of any good mx pipes for the 02' CR250? all the pipe builders say their pipe is the best. i wonder if any are actually better than stock for broad power. has anybody had the opportunity to test the pipes for this bike? pro circuit, fatty, sst, DEP? thanks to all you guys, my cylinder is now at EG"s, getting mo-better. :eek:

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
Id have to say the Fatty, it used it along with a 5mm MXBonz exhaust spacer and it worked great. In my opinion the SST hit too hard

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
I rode one with an SST pipe and it seemed really smooth compared to my 98 KX250. But I don't know how it compared to stock or any of the other aftermarket pipes.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
I bought a DEP pipe and it really pumped up the mid range. I have the Eric Gorr Mo-Better porting also. Right now I like the stock pipe best with the porting the DEP pipe hits hard and it likes to pull the front wheel off the ground. I am still trying to get my jetting figured out for better bottom to smooth the transition between bottom and mid.. If you want a lot of power the DEP rocks!

Rumz

Oct 13, 2002
cr-man, did the DEP rev out better than stock? whats your jetting? mine is 390 main, S8 nozzle from yamaha store, stock needle in 2nd from top,32.5 pilot, 1 3/4 air screw. also is yours set up with race gas? mine runs pretty clean, maybe a little rich on the bottem.

Last edited:

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Rumz- The DEP pipe does not rev higher if that's what your asking it just seems to add power over the stock powerband. To me it's kind of hard to ride cause it likes to pull the front wheel up when it hits. I am not happy with my jetting I tried a couple different combos and I'm still rich on the bottom I think if I can get the jetting better (cleaner off the bottom) it will help the DEP pipes performance. My jetting is stock except for a 30-76 needle I want to try a leaner slide.

Rumz

Oct 13, 2002
have you tried the S8 nozzle, it cleans it up alot !!! and its cheaper :)

Last edited:

kdxracer577

Oct 25, 2002
i have a 02 cr 250 and i put an fmf fatty pipe with a shorty silencer and i felt more bottom power. it still ripped from the midrange all the way up on top too. i like the fatty but havent tried any other pipes to compare it to other than the stock pipe. the v force reed cage also did wonders for the bottom power and responce of the CR. both of those mods made it almost too fast for me!!! also at the fmf website it says that no rejetting is required with the fatty on the 02 CR, but i havent checked that yet with my bike.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…