KDXrider045

May 23, 2003
Was considering an FMF Fatty for my 02 CR250. I read a lot of complaints on another forum about FMF fit/quality issues. A lot of people said they had much less problems with Pro-Circuit. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Also, for those who may have PC pipe on CR, what does it do for your mid-range?

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive got an SST on my yz, a REV and Fatty on my rm- all fitted fine, but i have heard that sometimes fitting has been a little bit of an issue.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Loved my PC on my 02 CR, my only prob;em is it bent when some mean kid pushed me down in the sandbox :| the fit out of the box was good. I felt a little more oomph low to mid, not day and night , but feelable

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
No probs with my first 2 FMF's but last PC, the end that mates up to the silencer was oval. Not sure if that is PC's fault but it was annoying. No other fitment issues though.

Crash 142

May 30, 2002
I have an FMF SST on my 2003 CR 250. It is perfect - even using the stock silencer. Also had an FMF on my 02 Honda. The fit is perfect.

I put this on my new bike after a nasty dent in my stock pipe. I felt a big difference. More hit and more power mid on up, but not really any more bottom end.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I've had no problems w/the fit of my FMF pipes, will use again.. I didn't like their spring kit, lost them on the very 1st ride..

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I have an fmf fatty on my KX. It fits really nicely, even with the stock silencer, the plating is holding up well too. I would definitely buy again.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I was one of the people complaining. I am not sure it is with all fmf pipes, I believe the jigs get worn out as the bikes become older. Having said that, I will never buy another pipe with fmf on it , especially if it is for the 1997 or 1998 yz 250.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
on my 94 yz/wr 250 the gnarly fit well but the fatty I had to take off one screw from the powervalve cover to put on the pipe then try and put the screw back in with the pipe in place. to be fair the the fatty I bought was a factory reject that I bought real cheap , bad plating job so maybe it had other issues also.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
I had an FMF Fatty on my 00 yz125 and loved it. The fit was good the look was good and the performance was good. I think it would last as long as any other brand out there. When i got the pipe really muddy and left it alone for a couple days the plating on the pipe did its job and the gunk came off nice and easy when i went to wash it. I would say go for it man!

j-bo

Jun 1, 2002
I'm giving up on the FMF's... Pro Circuit here I come.

Performance on my friends Pro Circuit pipe I bolted up was a nice improvement over the fmf. FMF's finish is terrible. I used to only buy FMF, but now I have seen the light!

No wonder our top riders around here use pro circuit!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
years ago I bought a new FMF, sounded great but the nickel plating was terrible! Hopefully they have improved their plating quality/adhesion by now.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Their plating does leave alot too be desired, my pipe looks all rusted, but perform :laugh:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I have the fatty on my KX. Fit and finish are both good on mine.
Guess I just lucked out?

motoxer41

Mar 13, 2004
im lookin at buying a gnarly or fatty FMF pipe for my 2003 honda cr250. can anyone tell me what makes more power down low. i also have a fmf shorty silencer on it. a reed spacer and twin air filter. also lookin at adding a boysen rad valve. any info would be nice! thanks

jarhead

Feb 27, 2004
I Held Each And Next To Each Other And My Opinion Is To Stick With Pc.i Think They Better And Hold Up Nicer.my Good Friend But Fmf Always.then He Got A Pc And He Will Never Go Back..just My 2cents

Top Bottom