2002 KDX200 tail light

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I have about 300 miles on my new KDX and noticed that the tail light is not working. I know it gets a lot of vibration.

Are these lights a joke? Do they use impact bulbs? What bulb does it require or does anybody know of a tougher bulb as a replacement :think: ?

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Good time to change over to a mx style fender.. :thumb:
Lew

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
Go to a shop that sells a lot of streetbike accessories. They should have an led bulb to put in there. mine has lasted a whole season so far, is brighter, and uses alot less power leaving more for the headlight.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I found the real problem to be that the screws that mount the tailight to the fender are too long and bottom out rather than tighten. As the rubber tailight cushion sets into deformationation, then the whole tailight assembly vibrates on the fender and the bulbs don't last anytime. Shorten the screws so you can tighten the assembly on the fender properly and most any type bulb will last well.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I've had the same blub for well over a year. You can get one at any auto parts store. An 1173 perhaps? Don't remember for sure.

Works as well as any filament could be expected to.

DENNY

Nov 24, 1999
Place a dab of goop in the 4 corners of the lens to hold it in place. This also works well on the headlight. Then when you need in cut the dabs off with a razor blade.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Just get a heavy-duty bulb at Wal-mart, Auto Zoze, K-mart, Checkers, etc.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
My bulb only lasts about 5 minutes in the tail light, headlight is fine, though.

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
Thanks guys,

I got a bulb that fit at the auto parts store. It had a bigger filament in it but otherwise it looks exactly the same.

Did 54 miles of gnarly rocky trails today and it still works.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…