scottsimpson

Dec 16, 2002
I am totally clueless, please help. I bought a used YZ 250 with no owners manual. I want to stiffen the front suspension up but don't know which screws do what. The guy I bought it from said it was revalved with gold valves and that he set it up for woods riding. I find that the front end bottoms very easily. Without messing with the valving I would like to know what I can do in the way of adjustment.

Thanks in advance

Scott

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i expect this will get moved, to the suspension forum where it will get more attn. but anyway

the clickers on the bottom of the fork are for compression, turn them in to make the fork stiffer. you can also raise the oil level up to 80mm from the top to resist bottoming, add 10 ml to each fork untill bottoming stops.

what riding are you doing, if MX then i doubt it will ever be right without a revalve, but considering you have the GV its not that hard to do your self

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Try to find out if the springs are still stock or if they were changed and make sure they are suitable for your weight. If you weigh 200lbs and have .38 in the forks then something needs to change... :)

Top Bottom