fittro

Oct 30, 2005
Maybe someone can help? I've got the stock suspension setup, which is a 5.1 rear spring. I cannot get the sag to equal around 100mm for the life of me. No matter how I adjust the perch. I weigh 168 though. I think that this is the perfect weight with this spring. Maybe I'm wrong? Any ideas. Also 168 is without any gear. Should I maybe get a heavier spring. I am beginner level and will be primarily running on shorter motocross tracks.

+30

Aug 2, 2005
static

thats odd I weigh 165 and get 95-100mm sag with aprox 25mm static with stock spring, I have been told stock springs sometimes on this or any bike vary and when checked by a spring scale can be off by several pounds even when new, my stock fork springs were checked and were heavier than listed. Which way is it out are you topping out with static sag or way too much static?

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
First, I would make sure the suspension linkage is not binding anywhere. Tear it down and grease the linkage and swingarm bearings. Even if the spring rate does vary, at your weight you should still be able to get 100mm sag from it. I weigh the same with gear and my '02 CR is adjusted almost in the middle with 95mm sag. When I bought the bike it had a 5.7 spring on it. For the first couple of rides I had to use it. Even with that spring I was able to get almost 100mm sag. But man was it stiff!

Top Bottom