2003 CR250 Sprocket help

KDXtoCR

Sep 20, 2004
Hey guys,
I recently bought a 2003 CR250. It has the stock 48 tooth rear sprocket. I mostly ride trails and a supercross style track. I was thinking of going to a 50 tooth rear. How much difference will this make? Will it fit the stock chain guide? Can I use my stock 114 link chain or is it too short? Should I also change my front, if so why and to what? Anything else you think might be helpful? Thanx

pro2k

Nov 7, 2002
I use a 49 and have been pretty happy with that. I ride everything from trails to motocross. Seems like good do-all gearing for me. But if you ride mostly trails/SX, a 50 might be a good one to try. Let us know what you do/ what you think of it.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
I put a 50 rear on my 2002 CR250 and it works well for trail riding. I use the stock chain guide, and an o-ring chain. I think it requires something like 118 links.

I could gear even shorter, because I like goat trails. But I wound it out on a road yesterday and top speed isn't much at all. Sure gets there quickly, though.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…