2003 KDX after-market part

macauley

Mar 17, 2003
I am looking for a replacement seat that will lower the seat height such that my son can ride the bike, without going to the extend of changing the suspension. It seams all those gripper styles are just covers to put on the existing seat. Does anyone know where to buy one? Also, what about a replacement rear fender that looks more like a KX without the light?
Regards,
Doug
:worship:

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Lots of threads on here about lowering the KDX and you might want to do a search. As for just lowering the seat--take off the cover which is attached with staples and use the family electric carving knife to lower the foam seat about an inch or so. Recover with the orriginal cover using correct length staples and you have a lowered and a little harder seat!

gwhII

Mar 31, 2003

macauley

Mar 17, 2003
I have not seen any responses that suggest changing that dog-bone to a shorter one to lower the back end. Is this a good idea? Does someone back a shorter part? This attaches to the swing arm and appears if a shorter one is put in, it will lower the bike.
Any thoughts?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…