xsquiggy

Jan 6, 2002
I rode it today for about 3 hours. This is my 6th KTM,,,but my first 125, and all I can say is "this bike rips." Awesome power down low, a rippin mid range, and great overrev. I can't see how the mags say it signs off early. And the suspension is the best WP setup I've ever ridden. I was riding with a piped YZ250F,,,,we were running around a flat oval track, and I never got passed by him on the straights. Anyway, that's all I have to say.

scott8671

Jun 13, 2001
xsquiggy- you are from northern Virginia? I'm in Richmond, you got any good places to ride? We have a few down here, but always looking for new places.

xsquiggy

Jan 6, 2002
Scott, the riding here is VERY SCARCE! I just found a place in Stafford, off Route 17, that has some trails, some fields with a couple jumps and one nice tabletop, it's privately owned but the owner lets people ride there anytime (I've heard), but I've only been there once. It's probably half way between where you and I live. I've been riding on a couple hundred acres near AOL's headquarters for the past 4 years, which has been great, 5 minutes from my house, all kinds of terrain, but about 3 weeks ago, the cops started patrolling the site and kicking people out. I just drove past there 5 minutes ago to check out the scene, and it doesn't look like anyone's been there in awhile.I'm gonna keep a low profile there until Spring, then hopefully start riding there again. Other than those two places, I have to drive out to the Shenandoah Valley to ride. There's a coouple of place along Route 81,,,,Taskers Gap near Edinburg (KTM Heaven) cause it's rocky, technical stuff, open year round, then there's a place off Route 33 west of Harrisonburg that's not too bad (not too great either),,,my favorite place is Natural Bridge, below Lexington called South Peddler. It has 26 miles of nice trails.

xsquiggy

Jan 6, 2002
Had to continue here because the last message was too long. They close from Dec 1 through April 1. It's 3.5 hours from my house, but definetely worth the trip. Let's get together sometime and ride. Tell me about some of your riding places. I'm always interested in riding new places, and I'm willing to drive. If you want to check out the first place I mentioned (Stafford), let me know, as I will probably ride there some this weekend. It should only be about 1 to 1.5 hours from you. Cheers, Dave. ZREX1100@aol.com

johnpace2

~SPONSOR~
Dec 5, 2000
Dave,

We have a small group here in the Nova/MD area. There are a few more places to ride... We try to make trips often, but since it's been cold we haven't been riding.

Other places you didn't list where we ride:
Southern MD Atv park
Breezewood Proving Grounds
Tomahawk Raceway
Southern MD Hospital Area
Also, there is a place in Clinton, MD that a buddy is going to show me. Says it's awesome.

Anyway, if you or anyone else want more info, email me @ johnpace2@aol.com

John

scott8671

Jun 13, 2001
xsquiggy- I only ride motocross, not too good with the trees. We have a few private motocross tracks we ride within an hour of two of Richmond, but nothing your way, most of the tracks are either south of Richmond or west. If you want to ride some moto with us sometime let me know.

Top Bottom